It started in 1874, when George Reynolds founded his hardware and mill supply store in downtown Barre, Vermont. George had a saying: ~ “not how cheap, but how durable.” He believed that honesty and integrity were the foundation to running a proper business, along with providing customers with the best service and best products. Today, Reynolds and Son, Inc. is the caretaker of this heritage.
From these humble beginnings, Reynolds has today developed into one of the premier wholesale companies in the northeast, with its success driven by these founding principles. We serve a diverse range of customers including manufacturers and institutions, municipalities and utility contractors, small fabrication shops and defense contractors in Vermont, the surrounding states and southern Quebec. We offer a full range of products from major suppliers along with specialized services such as leading-edge inventory management systems and cost saving programs. Our mission is to make our customers more competitive in their market space by being a reliable and trusted supplier and business partner to them.
As a member of the Affiliated Distributors (AD) network of independent distributors, we leverage over $30 billion in combined buying power, with access to the best manufacturers in the world. Our AD network allows us to offer competitive prices while providing the quality service and responsiveness of a Vermont-based firm.
Reynolds and Son supports its customers through three main divisions:
(1) INDUSTRIAL SUPPLY DIVISION: From production tooling and abrasives to Maintenance Repair and Operating (MRO) supplies, our Industrial Supply Division brings the very best and latest technologies to market to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs. Reynolds can integrate as a supply-chain partner in various ways, including:
• Vendor-Managed Inventory (VMI): With our flexible VMI solutions, customers dictate their inventory level requirements and Reynolds handles the logistics to alleviate the costly, time-consuming, and often-frustrating task of ensuring essential supplies are available when needed.
• Vending Solutions: Powerful inventory control software allows customers to record every transaction automatically so they can transparently see how supplies are utilized. There are three functions our vending solution systems will immediately improve: control, accountability and tracking. All three of these functions provide an immediate impact by reducing costs and driving up productivity.
• Cutting Tool Program: Production customers now benefit from Reynolds acquisition of Plimpton Tools of Vermont. With over 50 dedicated cutting tool manufacturers, Reynolds can help you select and procure tools with a knowledgeable sales team.
• Website: reynoldsandson.com features over 400,000 items. By logging in, customers can access their account’s information as well as quickly place orders from a favorite list. Item pages provide detailed specs along with real time inventory levels to provide a top-notch ecommerce experience.
• Via Email and Phone: By calling us at our toll-free number: 1-800-639-2901 or via email at email@example.com customers can leverage our product experts and their more than 100 years of combined experience.
• Power Tool Repair: Our in-house factory-trained technician repairs most electric and pneumatic power tools on the market. We are an approved warranty repair center for Milwaukee, DeWalt, Sullair, and Ridgid equipment and pride ourselves on our fast turn-around.
(2) COMPRESSED AIR DIVISION: Reynolds services and repairs all makes of compressors. As the only authorized Sullair industrial compressor distributor in Vermont, we can tailor the selection of a compressed air system to meet plant demands while maximizing energy efficiency, reliability and return on investment. This division supports every corner of Vermont with in-plant service, preventative maintenance contracts, compressor rebuilds, parts, equipment and energy assessments, plus 24-hour emergency service. Like our Industrial Supply division, our technicians look for every opportunity to reduce customer operating costs. They do this by offering the latest in technologies, combined with plant walk-through assessments, air-leak audits and data logging services while being recognized by Efficiency Vermont as an Efficiency Excellence Network contractor.
(3) FIRE SERVICE DIVISION: For the past 25 years, our Fire Service division has been meeting the increased needs of full and part time Vermont fire departments. We represent the most recognized brands in the fire-safety market: MSA for SCBA’s, Cairns Helmets, Firedex Gear, Mercedes Textile Hose, Bauer Air Systems, MSA portable instruments and thermal imaging cameras, and our recently added Genesis Rescue Tools. Utilizing the expertise of trained fire fighters in the field, we meet with departments around the state to share the latest offerings so they can safely and effectively serve their communities. We provide mobile repair services to your fire department with factory certified technicians.
At Reynolds and Son, Inc., we pride ourselves on being a value-added, supply-chain partner. We strive to meet our customer’s varied and changing needs by providing the highest quality products and the most comprehensive programs and services. Reynolds & Son has a proud tradition of combining the latest and best business solutions with old-fashioned, reliable customer service. After more than 140 years in business, none of this is new to us. It’s simply what we do best.
47 Bridge Street
So. Barre, VT 05670
With branch locations in Rutland and Colchester