Tech Jam opens Friday
The Vermont Tent Company is unloading tables and chairs. The Tech Jam staff is hanging signs inside the Mill. The exhibitors will be arriving shortly to set up their spaces. The sixth annual Vermont Tech Jam starts tomorrow! (Friday October 26, 2012) Here's what you need to know to be ready:
- Friday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Admission is FREE.
- Click here for directions by Google...
What's at the Tech Jam?
- Panel discussions on robotics, making apps, mapping technology, green jobs, HTML 5 games and tips from HR directors
- Demos and displays including Vermont-made video games, an unmanned submersible, a 3-D printer, a new quiz app, bioscience tools, a quadcopter and a "mood cube."
Read All About It
- From Textile to Tech-Style: Intro to the Tech Jam issue
- Market Share: How three sons of the founder of IDX bagged the online grocery biz
- There's a Map for That: What happens when old-school cartography meets new-school technology?
- How to Hack it in a Hackathon: Lessons from a 24-hour coding project in Winooski
- She Got Game: Three female video game designers explain how and why they like to play
- Work: Dialogue Dame Jackie Joy Weyrauch
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot: What exactly is a 3-D printer?
- Two Local Tech Firms Sell to Out-of-State Corporations — and that could be good for Vermont
- Burlington PD's Computer System Was Clunky and Costly, so Chief Mike Schirling built a new one
Come By Car — Free Parking!
If you're driving to the Tech Jam, check out this handy map, which shows you how to find free parking in Winooski.
Click the map below to enlarge it.
Get Dropped Off at the Door
Two different CCTA busses stop at the Champlain Mill. You can ride the Essex Junction (Route #2) bus or the Winooski/Riverside (Route #9) bus to and from the Jam. Click here for schedule and route information.
Think You'll Be Hungry?
These Winooski restaurants are offering a 15 percent discount to everyone who comes to the Tech Jam. Pick up your dining coupon when you register.
- Asian Bistro (on roundabout across from Mill)
- Cupp's Cafe (across the street from Mill)
- Donny's NY Pizza (on roundabout)
- McKee's Irish Pub (on roundabout)
- Papa Frank's Italian Restaurant (just off of roundabout)
- Pho Pasteur (on roundabout)
- Sneaker's Bistro kiosk (in front of Mill