FINAL REGISTRATION INVITE: October 4 VAAA Event: Supply Chain Opportunities in Composites
Featured companies at the VAAA event October 4 include: Cessna Aircraft Company, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, Raytheon Missile Systems, and Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Bennington State Airport (10/1 Registration Deadline).
Date: Thursday, October 4th, 2012
Event Time: 2 pm - 6:00 pm
Location: William H. Morse State Airport, 1563 Walloomsac Road, Bennington, VT 05201
Admission and Registration (required & 10/1 deadline):
- Vermont Chamber Member: No charge (membership benefit)
- Non-member Rate: $50
- Government officials, speakers & invited guests: No charge
- Media & Press Identification (required)
- First time attendees, contact Chris Carrigan,email@example.com or June Dobbins,firstname.lastname@example.org, for a one-time, complimentary pass (Vermont companies only), (802) 223-3443.
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm Agenda:
- Chris Carrigan, VP Business Development, Vermont Chamber
- Brian Dubie, VAAA Chair, ASA, Col. USAF Ret., 78th VT Lt. Gov, US Dept of Commerce Int'l Trade Advisory Cmte.
- Ted Brady, Office of VT Senator Patrick Leahy, Honorary VAAA Chair
- Bill Berg, Director, Aerospace Sales, Kaman Composite Structures, Permier Sponsor
Commercial Time (Vermont Chamber manufacturing members, sponsors and state resources only. Registration required).
Procurement Speaker Presentations:
- Featured Member: Rob Scholl, Regional Vice President Sales, Cessna Aircraft Company
- Rick Walsh, Supplier Development Manager,Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
- Dr. Theresa A. Baus, Head, Technology Partnerships Office, Naval Undersea Warfare Center
- Jeff Krongaard, Mentor Protege Program Manager,Raytheon Missile Systems
4:00 - 6:00 pm
Networking, Refreshments, Local Vermont Food & BBQ
During the Networking Session, tour theCessna Turbo Skylane 182 - a 230-horsepower, true cross-country performer with an 87-gallon usable fuel supply and able to reach altitudes up to 18,100 feet while packing a useful load of more than 1,100 pounds and cruise up to 145 ktas.
Supply Chain Opportunities in Composites
According to Visiongain, the global composites market will reach a value of $62.6 billion in 2012. Composites offer the aerospace, defense, medical and naval industries attractive cost-savings with key attributes and benefits, such as light-weight, strength and corrosion-resistance. To highlight and feature this global market opportunity for our members, the Vermont Chamber's Aerospace and Aviation Association (VAAA)will hold its Fall VAAA Event on Thursday, October 4th, 2012 at the William H. Morse State Airportin Bennington, VT.
Premier Sponsorship by Kaman Composite Structures and underwritten by The Vermont Procurement Technical Assistance Center, Cessna Aircraft Company, Norwich University, Vermont Agency of Transportation, Aviation Program, Windstream, Vermont Business Magazine, and Always on Time Signs and Design, this high-profile event will feature procurement and supply chain opportunities for Vermont Chamber members with high-level procurement specialists from leading government contractors, primes and sub primes in the aerospace, defense and naval industries.